Wednesday June 3, 2020
Thank you for those who came to worship on Sunday. Thank you for those who wanted to come, but didn't yet. Thank you for those who are not yet comfortable coming and worshiped at home with us. We are going to utilize a sign up genius again for this Sunday, June 7. We will have one worship service at 9 a.m. limited to 80 chairs, please click here to sign up. This is our next slow, wise step. We will reevaluate again next week, and communicate with you in our weekly Wednesday e-blast.
We want to know: if you want to come to church, but the sign up genius is full, please contact us!
For those not yet ready to come to a public gathering, you are welcome to continue to join us for worship on the New Hope Facebook page. There is also a way for those that are not ready to, or unable to, attend the church service to receive Communion: Pastor Jeff will meet with you individually one on one, as a couple, or as a family. With our focus on receiving the body and blood of Jesus to strengthen our faith, our time together will be brief and safe. You can email firstname.lastname@example.org, call or text 920-725-1445 to set up a day and time. Pastor Jeff can meet with you during the day, early evening, or weekends.
New Hope will continue to prepare for your arrival by doing all we can to create a clean, safe environment. We want to be mindful of health needs and issues as we prepare for a non-touch experience. If you are not feeling well, or are not comfortable coming into the building, please stay home and know we can still be 'together' in Worship as we will continue online church. Here are a few plans New Hope is putting in place to take wise steps as we plan to Worship together:
- Volunteers will open the front doors for you.
- Chairs are socially distanced in the Worship Center allowing families to sit together.
- It's ok to smile and wave and not shake hands or hug quite yet.
- Children's Ministry is on break for the summer. Tables and chairs will be socially distanced in the Commons if you need to step out of church with your child. The parents' lounge will be open for nursing mothers to use one at a time. Please note that toys will not be out for community use at this time. Please bring items from home for your child.
- We will not 'line up' for Communion but be excused to receive Communion, where you can choose individually sealed elements or elements prepared at church by disinfected hands.
- Hand sanitizer will be available in the worship center and in the entryway. Soap and water in each restroom.
- There will not be for 'one other' envelopes for the time being; donations toward this ministry may still be made by placing monetary donations in the offering basket or by giving online.
- As you dismiss, please be mindful of socially distancing as we respect everyone's differing opinions.
- All door knobs, common surfaces, and bathrooms are cleaned thoroughly throughout the New Hope building.
- At this time, there will not be bagels, coffee, or water provided in the Commons.
- If you choose to wear a mask, please do! If you choose to not wear a mask, that is ok too! We are the Church together. Let's follow Jesus together with kindness and hope.
We will continue to collect non perishable food donations which will now be given to Immanuel United Church of Christ in Neenah. IUCC will distribute these to people who are in need right here in the Fox Valley area. They are specifically looking for: box dinners like hamburger helper, Macaroni and cheese, boxes of cereal, hearty soups that don't require added water, canned meals like Chef Boyardee, spagetti and meatballs, Spagettios, etc. You can drop these items off anytime at church! Please place items in the bin located outside by the church doors. Thank you! These blessings are very much appreciated by those in need.
If anyone in the New Hope family is needing assistance with grocery shopping, prescription pick up, etc, please reply to this email and we will gladly assist. We are in this together!